About the Program
The Horizontal Learning Program is a Local Community Based (LCB) led peer-to-peer learning initiatives coordinated by the CESI with its Pro-founder Partners and Affiliate members. Under this program, CESI connect with Local Communities to identify, share and replicate the good practices of their peers. The program is governed by the HLP principles of Appreciate, Connect and Replicate (Adapt). The Horizontal Learning Centre (HLC) is located at CESI Registered Office in Jinja as the Secretariat for the program.
The principles underpinning horizontal learning are:
- Appreciate: To realize everyone’s potential to overcome the limits that we impose on ourselves.
- Connect: To remove the distinctions that separate us and detract from our collective well being.
- Adapt: To start with what works and enable replication through exposure in the local context.
Horizontal learning comprises of the following steps:
- Communities identify their good practices (with locally identified indicators).
- Communities select the good practices they wish to visit to learn from & appreciate their peers.
- Communities prioritize, discuss and integrate practices into their annual plan and budget.
- Communities replicate good practices with the support of their peers.
Progress in replication is monitored through peer reviews and achievements recognized through the horizontal learning networks.
We welcome partners for this program. view details here: