Are you interested in volunteering or working in rural areas in Uganda this is an opportunity not to be missed. Due to the variety of fields we work in and the copious amounts of opportunities available you really can carry out your dream.
With our flexible short-term placements you can schedule your trip to fit in with education or work, and take a break to experience the natural beauty of Uganda. Long-term placements from 1 month up to 2 years will place you in projects that will let you work for the good of the community here, improving the livelihoods of many people whilst building your career and enjoying the warm hospitality of Ugandan people.
At CESI we always value the work of our volunteers. Not only do we give volunteers the opportunity to work in CESI, but we also give opportunities to work in our affiliated and network members across the Country. We have good working relation with most of the CSO’s in the country, so expect to see several different locations in the Uganda during your stay. We have good working relation with most of the CSO’s in the country, so expect to see several different locations in the Uganda during your stay.
Placements are listed under the “Volunteer Placements” heading below, but really these are just guidelines as to what we offer in terms of projects. Whatever you, the volunteer, want to do during your stay with us, can be arranged.
Our volunteering fees include all your food and accommodation, a local sim-card for your phone, visa costs, 24 hour support, and local transportation both to and from placement areas (Hostel/Induction house to your work), weekly activities and anything else you will require specific to your placement. And also certain percentage from the volunteer fee will support our organization’s activities.
Our transparent policy ensures that our volunteers know exactly where their money goes. You will be able to see precisely what your money is being spent on and if you have any questions or issues at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Additional to the program fee is an administration Fee – This US$500 fee helps to cover the administrative costs involved for the time and work between our application review and your arrival in Uganda such as visa applications, office overheads and local staff.
Our activities as an NGO greatly help in protecting the environment that benefit the local community, and when you join our family you too will be able to watch your time and money become invested in protecting the environment.
What you get for the fee:
- Volunteer placement within CESI or with one of our Affiliate or partner NGOs, CBO’s, and Institutions like Schools.
- Domestic transportation from Entebbe international airport to the placement area or where you will stay.
- Minimum of one picnic to nearby uninhabited islands, waterfalls, mountain ranges, and national parks although more often than not this will be a weekly or monthly occurrence!
- Accommodation for the length of your stay.
- Optional local language (the national language) lessons.
- Visa for the length of your stay (details of which will be provided before your flight).
- Local member to ensure you have everything you need and constant support throughout your stay.
- A registered sim-card so you can make local calls and texts (you must provide your own phone, however, and pay for your own calls and texts).
- 10 % discount will be offered on the volunteer fee if you confirm your placement three months in advance. A booking is confirmed once the required documents and the $500 administration fee is received.
- Group bookings- There will be special discount from 10-50% for group bookings which can be discussed upon enquiry. And
- Returning volunteer discount
Campaign and Fundraising Advisor
The Campaign and Fundraising advisor will be responsible for supporting CESI revenue generation and program growth through high level fundraising support and a focus on year-round lead generation efforts. Download Job Details.
Publisher and Research Communications Advisor
Initiates and nurtures strategic partnerships with a variety of commercial and academic publishers, like-minded organizations, and service providers with in Uganda and around the world to promote CESI and enhance the dissemination of CESI research results and impact. Download Job Details.